HematologyTimes.com™ TERMS OF SERVICE
READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
By using the www.HematologyTimes.com™ website (“the Site”) you signify your assent to these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to these Terms of Service, do not use this site. Your use of the Site is subject at all times to our Terms of Service. The Site is created for physicians.
We may revise or update the Terms of Service at any time. Your use of the Site will mean you accept those changes. When you leave the Site and go to another website, different terms may apply and we assume no responsibility or liability for any content on those sites.
This site does not provide medical diagnosis.
The Site contains information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images, modules, capsules, articles, medical news, references, other continuing education material, advertising, and healthcare information and is intended for adults who are licensed healthcare professionals. The information contained on the Site (“Content”) is provided by authors, physicians, licensors, and others and is solely for informational purposes for medical professionals. If you are a consumer who chooses to read the Content, you should not use or rely on that information as professional medical advice or use it to replace any relationship with your physician or other qualified healthcare professional or any information they may have provided to you. For medical issues or concerns, including decisions about medications and other treatments, consumers should always consult their physician or, in serious cases, seek immediate assistance from emergency personnel.
The Content is developed or selected based on our editorial policies and guidelines. However, there is no warranty or guarantee offered in relation to the Site or with respect to the accuracy of the Content. It is the reader’s job to evaluate the accuracy and utility of the Content. If you are a healthcare professional, your professional judgment should be used in evaluating any and all Content. If you are a consumer, you should evaluate the information together with your physician or another qualified healthcare professional.
Although links to other organizations are present on the Site, we assume no responsibility for the content of any other website, including those that are linked to the Site or that you browse to after following a link from the Site.
Our Tools and Databases
HematologyTimes™ reports on current findings reported at national and international meetings. The Site does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, procedures, products, physicians, opinions, or other information that may be contained herein. Use of any Content on the Site is solely at your own risk.
The Site also includes interactive programs, clinical tools, and databases prepared for the use of healthcare professionals. These are not intended to provide professional advice nor recommend particular products. Physicians and other healthcare professionals who use our interactive programs, tools, or databases should exercise their own clinical judgment with the information presented on this website. Consumers who use the tools or databases do so at their own risk.
Consumers who may have any type of medical condition and who find information on the HematologyTimes™ website on their condition are specifically cautioned to seek professional medical advice before they consider any new treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the HematologyTimes™ website.
The Site may contain health or medical related materials that are sexually explicit. If you find these materials offensive, you may not want to use our Site.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. You should be aware that this website is not intended or designed to attract children of any age. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 18.
Use of Content
HematologyTimes™ allows you to view or download a single copy of any Content on the Site solely for your personal, noncommercial use. If you do so you must also include all copyright notices posted in conjunction with the Content. Any special rules for the use of certain software and other items accessible on the Site may be included elsewhere within the Site and are incorporated by reference into these Terms of Service.
The Content is protected by copyright under both United States and foreign laws. Title to the Content remains with HematologyTimes™ or its licensors. Any use of the Content not expressly permitted by these Terms of Service is a breach of these Terms of Service and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. Content and features are subject to change or termination without notice in the editorial discretion of HematologyTimes™. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to HematologyTimes™ and its licensors.
If you violate any of these Terms of Service, your permission to use the Content automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made.
Liability of HematologyTimes™, Its Staff and Licensors
The use of the HematologyTimes™ and the Content is at your own risk.
Information on the Site will be transmitted electronically and may be beyond the control and jurisdiction of HematologyTimes™ its subscribers, staff, and its suppliers. Accordingly, HematologyTimes™ assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the Site.
The Site and the Content are provided on an “as is” basis. HematologyTimes™, ITS CLIENTS, SUBSCRIBERS, LICENSORS, AND ITS SUPPLIERS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Without limiting the foregoing, HematologyTimes™, its clients, subscribers, licensors, and its suppliers make no representations or warranties about the following:
The accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Content, software, text, graphics, links, or communications provided on or through the use of the Site.
The satisfaction of any government regulations requiring disclosure of information on prescription drug products or the approval or compliance of any software tools with regard to the Content contained on the Site.
In no event shall HematologyTimes™, its licensors, suppliers, or any third parties mentioned on the Site be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, personal injury/wrongful death, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use of or inability to use the Site or the Content. HematologyTimes™, its staff, its clients, its licensors, its suppliers, or any third parties mentioned on the Site are not liable for any personal injury, including death, caused by your use or misuse of the Site, Content, or Public Areas (as defined below).
You agree that you will not upload or transmit any communications or content of any type to the public areas of the Site, which include, but are not limited to blogs, discussion boards, Ask Our Experts section, and other member areas (the “Public Areas”) that infringe or violate any rights of any party. Upon submission of material to the Public Areas on this Site, you agree that such submission is for public access and use.
If you make any such submission, you agree that you will not send or transmit to HematologyTimes™ by email, (including through the email addresses listed on the “Contact Us” link), any communication or material that infringes or violates any rights of any party. You will agree that any submission is non-confidential for all purposes when you submit any business information, idea, concept, or invention or other communication to HematologyTimes™ by email.
If any submission or any business information, idea, concept, or invention is submitted to a Public Area on HematologyTimes™ by email, you automatically grant―or warrant that the owner of such content or intellectual property has expressly granted―Hematology Times™ a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display the communication or content in all media now known or hereafter developed. If you wish to keep any business information, ideas, concepts or inventions private or proprietary, do not submit them to the Public Areas or to HematologyTimes™ by email. We will attempt to answer every email in a timely manner, but are not always able to do so.
Hematology Times™ Public Areas
If you use a Public Area, such as a chat room, bulletin board or community Ask Our Experts feature, you are solely responsible for your own communications, the consequences of posting those communications, and your reliance on any communications found in the Public Areas. HematologyTimes™ is not responsible for the consequences of any communications in the Public Areas.
In consideration of being permitted to use the Public Areas, you agree that the following actions shall constitute a material breach of these Terms of Service:
- Using a Public Area for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, or international laws;
- Posting material that infringes on the intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or privacy or any other rights of others;
- Posting material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by HematologyTimes™ in its sole discretion;
- After receiving a warning, continuing to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or posting comments that are not related to the topic being discussed (unless it is clear the discussion is free-form);
- Posting chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- Impersonating another person;
- Distributing viruses or other harmful computer code;
- Harvesting or otherwise collecting information about others, including email addresses, without their consent;
- Allowing any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments;
- Posting the same note more than once or “spamming”; or
- Engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Public Areas or the Site, or which, in the judgment of HematologyTimes™ exposes HematologyTimes or any of its customers or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type.
HematologyTimes™ reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Record the dialogue in public chat rooms.
- Investigate an allegation that a communication(s) do(es) not conform to the Terms of Service and determine in its sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the communication(s).
- Remove communications which are abusive, illegal, or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms of Service.
- Terminate a user’s access to any or all Public Areas and/or the Site upon any breach of these Terms of Service.
- Monitor, edit, or disclose any communication in the Public Areas.
- Edit or delete any communication(s) posted on the Site, regardless of whether such communication(s) violate these standards.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold HematologyTimes™, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, clients, owners, successors, assigns and suppliers, harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these Terms of Service.
These Terms of Service are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey applicable to agreements entered into and to be fully performed therein. Any claim or dispute arising out of your use of the Site shall be subject solely to the jurisdiction of the federal or state courts located in the State of New Jersey. By your use of the Site you agree that you will not object to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the courts located in New Jersey. If any provision of these Terms of Service is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms of Service, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any of these Terms and Service shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or any other term or condition.
Notice and Takedown Procedures; and Copyright Agent
If you believe any materials accessible on or from the Site infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) from this website by contacting HematologyTimes’s copyright agent (identified below) and providing the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (e.g., URL) of an authorized version of the work.
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number and (if available) email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained-of use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that “under penalty of perjury,” you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
Please address your communication to:
Hematology Times, LLC.
220 Kinderkamack Road, Suite C
Westwood, NJ 07675